Center API V2: The next-generation NFT API
The Center API V2 is the next-generation NFT API — we took everything our users loved about V1 and built on it to create the fastest, most accurate and most powerful NFT API available anywhere.
How do these differ from our v1 API endpoints?
- Pristine accuracy: We rebuilt our indexing infrastructure from the ground up to ensure that we properly handle and categorize all transactions. This means our data quality is pristine, with new data available just seconds after new blocks are added.
- Faster: We know speed is important. Our
v2APIs are even faster than
- More flexible: Our systems dynamically ingest data from the chain, meaning that our systems are built to handle a variety of asset and media types. Even if we haven't seen a particular asset type before, our infrastructure automatically adjusts to properly index and analyze it.
- More powerful, and safer, rendering: Our V2 renderer handles more media types (audio and video) and allows users to customize media like never before. In V1, users were required to choose one of three media presets. With V2, users can specify precise dimensions and file types for NFT media (incl. on-the-fly media transformations). This also means users can ensure that malicious media files are never shown in their application by transforming media to “safe” file types (e.g., jpg).
What can you use the v2 API for?
- Render images, video, audio and more: We support rendering of still images, animations, video files, audio and more. You can easily view all media associated with a given NFT, and choose how you want to render it in your application.
- Render custom media types and dimensions: Our users can now specify precise dimensions and file types for NFT media. Want to transform an animation into a 300x300 JPG before you render it? With our API, it's straightforward.
- Add "Safe Rendering" to your application: With our custom rendering engine, users can specify "safe" file types (e.g., jpg) that ensure malicious media files are never shown in their application.
- Track NFT ownership with 100% accuracy: If you need to know which assets are held by a particular address, our API now provides the fastest and most accurate up-to-the-chaintip data
- Retrieve NFT asset metadata: Providing asset metadata in your applications has never been easier – our advanced versioning technology means we'll always provide the latest metadata.
We will be unveiling additional
v2 endpoints built on our new back-end infrastructure soon. You can find the latest here, in our documentation, under
v2. Stay tuned, and let us know if you have any requests at [email protected]!